Genre : Post-rock, from Australia
1. to you they are birds, to me they are voices in the forest (8:15)
2. in limbs and joints (4:30)
3. our time is short but your watch is slow (3:08)
4. a gaze blank and pitiless as the sun (11:08)
5. (hello) cloud mountain (3:20)
6. now we rise and we are everywhere (6:41)
7. we like you when you're awkward (2:36)
8. ...and so we destroyed everything (12:33)
Sleepmakeswaves are an instrumental rock band from Sydney, Australia. Drawing influences mainly from but not limited to post-rock, the young quartet mix driving metallic bombast with textured electronics to create a sonic space where delicate melodies and thunderous climaxes peacefully co-exist.
Since their formation in late 2006, sleepmakeswaves have rapidly established themselves as a promising and unique voice in their field. Within the space of a year the band has enjoyed considerable word-of-mouth support and have landed auspicious opening slots with post-rock luminaries such as Pelican, Laura and Meniscus on the back of their powerful live show and acclaimed demo recording.
Finally, SLEEPMAKESWAVES release their debut album ‘...and so we destroyed everything’. The culmination of two years writing and enduring numerous setbacks, the album sees the band at a creative high point.
The album is a dramatic showcase for the band - glittering melodic hooks are embossed by Dax Liniere’s lush production and the band’s heaving musicianship. With an array of memorable and climactic sequences, “...and so we destroyed everything” signals the band’s continued desire to push into new musical territory.