Genre : Post-rock, Ambient, Folk, Classical, Piano, Acoustic, Experimental, Remixes
Preview Part1 | Part2
1. Settler (Eluvium Remix) (17:24)
2. Harm & Boon (Rafael Anton Irisarri Remix) (4:48)
3. Harm & Boon (Tiny Vipers Remix) (5:46)
4. Elegy (Bexar Bexar Remix) (3:01)
5. Remembrance (Machinefabriek Remix) (7:25)
6. Coahuila (The Fun Years Remix) (4:18)
7. Coahuila (Library Tapes Remix) (3:54)
8. Night in the Draw (Jacaszek Remix) (4:22)
9. Truth (Helios Remix) (3:46)
10. November 1, 1832 (Peter Broderick Remix) (3:22)
11. November 1, 1832 (Xela Remix) (5:36)
"Over the past 6 months we have been working with some dear friends and have compiled a recording of 11 artists remixing the song of their choice from the album. Each artist was given the session files and let loose to create or recreate the piece of their choice. The results are wonderfully varied and each quite amazing. Being released in August on Western Vinyl digitally and limited run of 2XLP, the album features: Eluvium, Rafael Anton Irisarri, Tiny Vipers, Bexar Bexar, Machinefabriek, The Fun Years, Library Tapes, Jacaszek, Helios, Peter Broderick and Xela."
Balmorhea, pronounced Bal-moor-ay, are Rob Lowe and Michael Muller from Austin, Texas. They list some of their influences as Ludovico Einaudi, Six Parts Seven, Claude Debussy, Ludwig van Beethoven, Rachel’s, Gillian Welch, Max Richter, Arvo Pärt and John Cage.
They self-released their first album, Balmorhea, in April 2007 and followed up with Rivers Arms in February 2008. Balmorhea have toured the US three times and released a limited edition, hand numbered Tour EP at the end of 2008. They recently completed their third full-length, entitled All Is Wild, All Is Silent, which was released early March 2009.